The Board will work to ensure the community is aware of the Code of Conduct by:
- providing a copy of the Code of Conduct Summary at the beginning of each school year;
- providing a copy of the Code of Conduct Summary to all new student registrants of the district;
- incorporating the Code of Conduct into the student handbooks of students in grades 6-12 and reviewing it with all students at a school assembly at the beginning of each school year;
- reviewing the Code of Conduct with all students in grades K-5 at a school assembly at the beginning of each school year;
- providing all current teachers and others staff members with a copy of the Code and a copy of any amendments to the Code as soon as practicable after adoption;
- providing all new employees with a copy of the current Code of Conduct when they are first hired; making copies of the Code available for review by community members;
- providing a copy of the complete Code of Conduct on the district’s website.
The Board of Education will review the Code of Conduct every year and update it as necessary. In conducting the review, the Board will consider how effective the code’s provisions have been and whether the Code has been applied fairly and consistently.
The Board may appoint an advisory committee to assist in reviewing the Code and the district’s response to Code of Conduct violations. The committee will be made up of representatives of students, teachers, administrators, parent organization representatives, school safety personnel, and other school personnel. Before adopting any revisions to the code, the Board will hold at least one public hearing at which school personnel, parents, students, and any other interested parties may participate. The Code of Conduct and any amendments to it will be filed with the Commissioner no later than 30 days after adoption.