The safety and security of students in the Pine Bush Central School District is of paramount importance. This includes developing policies that protect the physical well-being of students, as well as supporting students’ mental and emotional health.
Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
Signed into law in 2010, New York state’s Dignity for All Students Act – or DASA – was established to promote a safe and supportive learning environment in all public schools, free from harassment and discrimination from other students and adults. DASA established a number of standards for schools, including district policies and procedures and identifying and reporting incidents of bullying, harassment and discrimination in school.
Each Pine Bush school building has a designated DASA coordinator, who is authorized and trained to handle incidents of bullying and harassment. Parents who have concerns about bullying or harassment are encouraged to contact the appropriate DASA coordinator as listed below:
Dignity Act coordinators
- Pine Bush High School – Brian Lynn, ext. 3602, email@example.com
- Circleville Middle School – Seth Siegel, ext. 5603, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crispell Middle School – Jennifer Lepore, ext. 4416, email@example.com
- STARS Academy – Christopher Mummery, ext. 7775, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Circleville Elementary School – Joseph Prestianni, ext. 5524, email@example.com
- EJ Russell Elementary School – Richard Girgenti, ext. 4202, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pakanasink Elementary School – Colleen Delles, ext. 5716, email@example.com
- Pine Bush Elementary School – Kristin Slover, ext. 4302, firstname.lastname@example.org