District Mission and Vision
The Pine Bush Central School District’s vision is to empower students to dream big, think globally, value diversity and achieve personal success.
Our mission is to provide real world, state-of-the-art, innovative educational strategies that prepare our students for higher education and career pathways. Each student will be prepared to become a contributing member in an ever-changing world.
Values and Beliefs
A district-wide commitment to the following values and beliefs is vital at all levels of the organization if we are to fully realize our vision and mission:
Students must always come first.
- We believe it is essential to place the interests of students above all others in every decision we make.
- We believe that students should feel a strong connection to school and have positive relationships with the adults in our schools.
- We believe that the core work of the district is supporting student learning.
- We believe it is our responsibility to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child, regardless of challenges or circumstance, be supported and expected to achieve at his or her highest level.
High–quality teaching and learning are key to student success.
- We believe that all children can learn and excel, and that we have an obligation to uncover the best ways to make that happen.
- We believe in high expectations for all students and staff built on a culture that includes fair treatment, honesty, openness and respect.
- We believe high-quality instruction is key to our students’ success and is built on a rigorous and relevant curriculum that is aligned to high standards, measurable outcomes, appropriate professional development and equitable access to educational opportunities.
- We believe that we will need to operate in perpetual learning mode, seeing professional growth as an ongoing responsibility for all.
Positive social, emotional, and behavioral growth provides a sturdy foundation for academic and personal success.
- We believe schools are the heart of our communities and are committed to providing healthy, safe and caring school environments.
- If we want children to be successful in school and in life, we believe they must possess strong social skills plus emotional self-awareness and self-control.
- We believe that students want to know what is expected, and we have an obligation to tell them.
- We believe structured opportunities outside of the classroom can provide rich experiences that foster positive social/emotional development and responsible behavioral choices.
Strong leadership, effective systems and reliable measures are needed to accomplish our goals.
- We believe that leadership is essential. It should be developed and distributed within every constituency and throughout the organization.
- We believe that routine review of how we do business will help us to maintain effective and efficient systems that support our core business of teaching and learning.
- We believe that a continuous improvement cycle can most effectively be maintained by the routine collection and analysis of data.
- We believe that data should help us refine our approaches within our classrooms and in the systems that support those classrooms.
Our efforts will require us all to work together.
- We believe we must partner effectively with our parents and tap community resources.
- We believe students are far more likely to be successful in school when their families share in the commitment to that school success.
- We believe that teachers and other staff must maintain a collaborative spirit and be willing to share both resources and ideas.
- We believe positive relationships are key to accomplishing our goals. This includes relationships between and among staff, between teachers and students, between administrators and teachers, and among school staff, families, community and the Board of Education.