Special programs include the Special Education Programs and 504 Accommodation plans, as well as several other grant-funded programs.
Our services are guided by the District’s Special Education Plan. There are many special education teachers, teacher assistants, and monitors housed on the district’s campus. Students also benefit from the services of school psychologists, school counselors, social workers, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech therapists, nurses and a behavior specialist. While it is always the goal of the district to service our students in their home schools, some of our students, who have more specialized needs, attend BOCES programs or other out-of-district placements.
Special Education Program
Depending on the needs of our students, we offer a continuum of special education services at all grade levels. Our continuum includes related services, resource room, integrated co-teaching, and special classes in core academic areas such as ELA and Math.
The services we provide are governed by the policies in Part 200 and 201 of the New York State Commissioner of Education Regulations. Our programming is designed to help students progress toward achievement of the New York State learning standards. We also help to prepare students for transition into post-secondary education and/or employment.
Read the Pine Bush Central School District Special Education Plan for 2018-2019 to 2019-2020 here.
Response to Intervention (RTI) Information for Parents
If you have concerns with how your child is progressing in school, you may ask your building principal about Response to Intervention (RTI).
RTI is a multi-tiered systematic approach to providing students with interventions. These interventions are in place for up to six weeks per tier while progress is monitored. If a child does not respond to these interventions, a referral is made to the Special Programs Office. RTI must be in place for students in grades K-4 prior to being classified as a student with a disability.
Out-of-District Transportation for Students with Individualized Education Plans
For students attending out of district private schools based on their individualized education plan (IEP), please note the following regarding transportation:
- If the district where the private school or BOCES the child attends is open, but Pine Bush is closed, transportation is provided, except when Pine Bush is closed due to weather.
- If the district where the private school or BOCES the child attends is closed for any reason, transportation is not provided.
- Whenever Pine Bush is closed due to weather, transportation is not provided.
Please contact the Transportation Department at 845-744-2031, Ext. 4057 if you have questions regarding transportation of your child.
Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE)
If you are interested in the Universal Pre-K program offered by the Pine Bush School District, please contact Joanne O’Brien at 845-744-2031, Ext. 5700 or by email at email@example.com.
Notice of Procedural Safeguards
School districts must provide a copy of the notice of procedural safeguards at least once a year to parents (or persons in parental relation) to a student with a disability.
In addition, a copy of the procedural safeguards must be provided to parents upon:
- An initial referral or parental request for evaluation;
- The first filing of a due process complaint notice to request mediation or an impartial hearing;
- At the request of the parent;
- Following a decision to impose a suspension or removal that constitutes a disciplinary change in placement; and
- On receipt of a parent’s first State complaint in a school year.