2019-2020 School Budget, Capital Improvement Project Vote and School Board Election
May 21, 2019 from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Election District No. 1: Walker Valley Fire House
3679 Route 52, Walker Valley
(Residents of the Towns of Gardiner and Shawangunk)
- Election District No. 2: Pine Bush Fire House (Station 1) – New polling location
2405 Route 52, Pine Bush
(Residents of the Towns of Crawford and Montgomery)
- Election District No. 3: Circleville Evangelical Presbyterian Church – New polling location
890 Goshen Turnpike, Circleville
(Residents of the Towns of Mount Hope and Wallkill)
- Election District No. 4: Town of Mamakating Park in Bloomingburg
27-29 Mamakating Road, Bloomingburg
(Residents of the Town of Mamakating)
Eligibility to Vote
Only qualified voters who are duly registered will be permitted to vote. To be a qualified registered voter, a person must be a U.S. citizen who is 18 years of age or older and a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the vote and:
- who registered in the District Office or at the main office of any of the district’s schools by May 9; or
- whose name appears in the district’s register as having voted at least once in the last four years at the annual or special elections in the school district; or
- whose name appears in the voter registration books which includes the county poll list as qualified to vote in the general election.
New York State Voter Registration
For information about registering to vote, please visit the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website.
Residents may register to vote in school elections at the district office (156 State Route 302, Pine Bush) or at any of the district’s schools by Thursday, May 9, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In addition, the district clerk will be registering voters at the district office from 4 to 8 p.m. on May 9, 2019.
Applications may be obtained from the District Clerk or click here to download the application. Applications must be received by the clerk at least seven days before the election if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter or the day before the election if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter.
For further information, contact the District Clerk at (845) 744-2031 ext. 4023.
All ballots must be received by the Office of the District Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the day of the election.