Pine Bush Central School District uses the SchoolMessenger notification system for automated messages in communications with parents and guardians. These options include text messages and emails in addition to phone calls. Parents and guardians are able to select how they would like to be notified for the different types of communications from the district by using SchoolMessenger’s InfoCenter. Please note that text messaging will only be available for parents and guardians who opt in.
Setting up a SchoolMessenger account
- Go to infocenter.schoolmessenger.com
- Click on ‘Sign Up’ in the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Enter your email address (the district must have this address in SchoolTool) and choose a password
- Click on ‘Create New Account.’ If you had a SchoolMessenger Info Center account with another district, you will get the message “already claimed by another user.” In this case, sign in with your email address and password, rather than signing up for a new account
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Account Activation.” Copy the code from the email and paste it into the “Confirmation Code” box on the webpage and click ‘Confirm’
- You can now go back to infocenter.schoolmessenger.com and sign in
- Once you sign in, you can see the following options in the top right-hand corner of the screen:
- Inbox will display messages that have been sent within the past 30 days
- Associations will show the school(s) that your account is associated with
- Preferences will allow you to determine which numbers and email are contacted based on the different types of messages
- Please note that text messaging is an opt-in service. Parents and guardians can opt-in at any time by texting “subscribe” to 68453. Parents and guardians can opt out at any time by texting “stop” to 68453.
Pine Bush CSD uses the student’s home phone number and parent/guardian cellphone numbers with SchoolMessenger. Please contact your child’s school if you find that any of the phone numbers in SchoolMessenger are incorrect. If you are unable to create a SchoolMessenger account, please contact your child’s school.