All 7th and 12th grade students MUST HAVE proof of having received the meningococcal vaccine (shot) in order to attend school. The Department of Health WILL NOT be providing a grace period for physicals and immunizations.
- Students entering Grade 7 in 2022-2023 must have an initial dose of meningococcal vaccine. They will be required to get a booster at age 16.
- Students entering Grade 12 in 2022-2023 must have either:
- two doses of meningococcal vaccine with the booster dose given on or after age 16
- one dose if your child’s first dose was given on or after age 16
New York State law requires parents/ guardians to give the school an immunization (shot) record that shows their child has received, or has appointment(s) to receive the required vaccine(s) (shots) in order to attend school. This record may be from a health care provider, health department, or an official immunization record from the child’s former school. The record must include:
- Name of the vaccine
- Date vaccine given
- Who gave it, along with their title; or where it was given if at a clinic
Please contact your health care provider to make sure your child has what they need to attend school this fall.
Either your health care provider or you should fax the immunication record to the appropriate number below. If you have questions or concerns about immunizations, please contact the school health staff. Call Pine Bush Central School District at (845) 744-2031 and use the below listed extensions:
- Pine Bush High School: Marybeth Reinfried or Jill Gribbin Ext. 3610 / Fax: (845) 744-4094
- Circleville Middle School: Linda Loennecker Ext. 5610 / Fax: (845) 744- 4076
- Crispell Middle School: Diane Tjornhom Ext. 4410/ Fax: (845) 744-4074