The New York State Department of Health recently issued a statement saying summer school programs in public schools can follow the same guidance as summer camps. Acting in accordance with that guidance and effective immediately, the Pine Bush Central School District will allow for the following.
- Vaccinated Individuals (14 days after completion of series): Social distancing and face covering requirements do not apply to these individuals.
We are required to keep records of vaccination status for students and staff.
Please know the following:
- As with all other vaccinations, our nursing staff can confirm status of
- Staff members choosing to NOT wear masks must ensure proof of
vaccination is sent to the HR department. Proof can be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org. By sending proof, the staff
member acknowledges this information will be shared with their
building administrators and/or director and district administration.
- Unvaccinated Staff Members: Staff members who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear a mask and maintain a distance of at least six feet from other unvaccinated staff members “…unless safety or the core activity requires a shorter distance (e.g. jointly caring for a child or responding to the needs of a…” student.)
- Unvaccinated Students: It is strongly recommended that unvaccinated students wear a mask when indoors. Unvaccinated individuals must wear a mask while riding the bus.
- Outside: Masks do not have to be worn when outside.
This guidance covers our in-district summer program only. If your child attends an out-of-district placement, please check with that school for their current guidelines.
Finally, the NYS DOH has yet to release guidance for September’s reopening. We will follow up as soon as possible.