Dear AP Students,
The purpose of this memo is to inform you of the most up to date changes taking place regarding your Advanced Placement exams.
On Friday, the College Board posted how it will be administering AP exams in light of this international crisis. Here are the highlights:
- There will NOT be any face-to-face AP exams this year.
- Students will take AP exams at home.
- Exams will be 45 minutes.
- Exams will NOT contain multiple-choice questions.
- Exams will be administered online.
- Students will be able to take the exam on one of two separate dates to be announced by CB April 3, 2020.
- Exams will be assessing a reduced scope of content, content that would
“typically” have been covered before March.
- Students will have the option of canceling their exam(s), and CB will waive the
$40/exam late fee they would have charged the school.
As for instruction, your teachers are aware of the new changes and will be adapting their instruction to meet the new expectations. I will be sending out any further information regarding the resources and updates as they are provided by the College Board.
Furthermore, you need to check your school e-mail daily for important updates. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or your AP instructor if you have any further questions.
Executive Director of Human Resources and Data