To speed the lines and prevent lost money, we encourage you to pre-pay for meals by placing money on the student’s account in advance. All schools accept pre-payment.
Students may use their pre-paid money to purchase breakfast or lunch only, unless an account form giving permission to purchase other items (snacks, ice cream, milk, water, etc.) is on file. This form is only necessary to be completed one time and may be reversed at any time. (Read more about purchasing a la carte items.)
There are three ways to pay for cafeteria purchases:
- Send in a Check (preferred) or cash with your child to pay in advance. Please label all envelopes and if paying by check, make checks payable to PB Food Service Dept. Please put your child’s name or ID number on the check.
- Cash is always accepted daily at the register.
- Pay online at MySchoolBucks.com. (MySchoolBucks charges a $1.95 fee per transaction).
Free and Reduced-Price Meals
Students may be eligible for free and reduced-price meals based on family income. The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) enables all children in households receiving SNAP benefits to receive free school meals. Therefore, if a member of the household is eligible for SNAP, all children in that household are eligible for free meals in the NSLP, and your family will qualify for free meals under the direct certification program.
Please call us at (845) 744-2031 ext 2809 to see if your family was directly certified. If not, we will ask for the pre-printed letter that you receive stating your children qualifies for free meals to us in place of an application.
Applications for free and reduced-price meals can be submitted at any time during the school year. A new family application must be submitted every year in order to continue receiving free or reduced price meals.
Families can apply for free and reduced-price meals using one of the following options:
- Visit MySchoolApps.com to complete an online application
- Pick up an application from any school main office (applications are also provided in the printed school calendar)
- Download an application form here: Free and Reduced Meal application – English | Free and Reduced Meal Application – Spanish
Printed applications can be sent in to school with a student; faxed to (845) 744-8795; emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mailed to PBCSD School Nutrition, PO Box 700, Pine Bush, NY 12566.