BOARD OF EDUCATION REGULAR MEETING
Tuesday, March 9, 2021, at Pine Bush High School
Recommend the Board of Education approve the following Consent Agenda as submitted by the Superintendent of Schools:
Tonight’s consent agenda includes the appointment of the following new personnel:
- Lisa Schoonmaker – School Monitor
- Gina Vanderkooy – School Monitor
- Eileen Budd – Cook Manager
- Lisa Heckman, resignation from her position as a 6.0 hours/day Teaching Assistant, effective at the close of business March 12, 2021.
- Wendy Caccioppoli, resignation from her position as a 3.5 hours/day School Monitor, effective at the close of business March 5, 2021.
- Eileen Budd, resignation from her position as a 7.0 hours/day 10 month Assistant Cook, effective at the close of business March 9, 2021.
Leave of Absence
- Courtney Elmendorf, unpaid leave of absence from her position as a 1.00 FTE Teacher-Secondary effective March 10, 2021 through May 2, 2021.
- Lisa Schoonmaker, probationary appointment to a 3.5 hours/day School Monitor position, effective March 10, 2021 salary as per contract (pro-rated).
- Gina Vanderkooy, probationary appointment to a 3.5 hours/day School Monitor position, effective March 10, 2021 salary as per contract (pro-rated).
- Eileen Budd, probationary appointment as an 8.0 hours/day, 10 month Cook Manager, effective March 10, 2021, salary $34,500 (pro-rated) as per contract of Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Affiliated Management/Administrative Food Service Employees.
Pine Bush High School
Board approval of the following instructional staff member teaching a sixth period/additional assignment for the 2020-2021 school year at an annual contractual stipend as per contract effective February 1, 2021 (pro-rated):
- Kristin Raucci, Foreign Language
Pine Bush Elementary School
Grade Level Chairperson
Board approval to amend the following co-curricular position for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Dina DiNoto, Third Grade Level Chairperson @ Level II, Step 1 (1), effective 9/1/2020 – 3/5/2021
Board approval of the following co-curricular position for the 2020-2021 school year, at the appropriate co-curricular stipend:
- Meghan Cronin, Third Grade Level Chairperson @ Level II, Step 1 (1), effective 3/8/2021 – 6/30/2021
Board approval of the following positions for instructors for continuing education courses for the 2020-2021 school year. All classes and salaries are contingent upon enrollment. SAT Prep Course will be Virtual and Learn
to Swim will be abbreviated with Instructor following all NYS, Red Cross & Health Department Guidelines.
INSTRUCTOR NAME – CLASS/POSITION – PAY
- Michael Ciarelli -SAT Prep course – $75/student
- David Hurst – SAT Prep course – $75/student
- Michael Reineke – Learn to Swim – $20-$30/hour
Per Diem Substitutes
Board approval for the appointment of the following individuals as per diem substitutes effective March 10, 2021 (or as noted) at board approved per diem substitute rates:
- Nicole Brissette *
- Cindy Russell (February 26, 2021)
- Michele Galvin
- Brianna Flood
- Jillian Lankau *
*Such appointment is conditioned upon the District’s receipt of clearance for employment from the N.Y. State Education Department relating to the fingerprinting and criminal history record check of the prospective school employees. The emergency conditional segments of the appointments shall commence as of March 10, 2021 and shall not exceed
twenty (20) business days.