Board of Education
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Recommend the Board of Education approve the following Consent Agenda as submitted by the Superintendent of Schools:
Authorize the abolishment of the following position:
1.0 FTE School Secretary 12 month position effective at the close of business March 10, 2020.
Authorize the creation of the following position:
1.0 FTE Typist 12 month position, effective March 11, 2020.
- Angela Schuster, resignation, for the purpose of retirement, from her position as a 6.0 hours/day Teaching Assistant, effective at the close of business on April 03, 2020.
Leave of Absence
- Melissa Algarin, request for an extension of her unpaid leave of absence from her position as a 6.0 hours/day Teaching Assistant, effective March 2, 2020 through March 6, 2020.
- Shannon Renner, who holds a Provisional certificate in School Psychologist, be appointed to the probationary position of a 1.0 FTE School Psychologist in the tenure area of School Psychologist for a four year probationary period commencing March 30, 2020 and ending March 29, 2024. Salary level MA60, Step 3 of the salary schedule (pro-rated). Be it further resolved that, to the extent applicable under Education Law Section 3012-d and the accompanying Commissioner’s Regulations, in order to be considered for tenure, Shannon Renner must have received an APPR rating of effective or highly effective in three of the four probationary years and must not receive an ineffective in the fourth year.
- Cloyd Davis, probationary appointment as a full-time 12 month/year Custodial Worker, effective March 11, 2020, salary as per contract (pro-rated).
- Antonia Ciccarelli, probationary appointment as a 10 month Athletic Trainer, effective February 28, 2020, annual salary of $40,029, (as per contract pro-rated), noting she is certified for such appointment through the Orange County Department of Human Resources.
- Amy Zupetz, probationary appointment as a full-time typist 12 month/year, effective March 11, 2020 at an annual salary as per contract (pro-rated), noting she is certified for such appointment through the Orange County Department of Human Resources.
Board approval of the following interscholastic spring coaching appointments for the 2019-2020 school year at the appropriate interscholastic stipend:
- Anthony DiMarco, Modified Coach @Level III, Step 3 (4)
- Priscilla Hassan, Modified Coach @Level III, Step 1 (1)
- Lisa Perry, Modified Coach, @Level III, Step 3 (3)
- Robert Lawrence, Modified Coach @ Level III, Step 3(3)
- Lisa Sorrentino, Modified Co-Coach @ Level III, Step 10(16)
- Denise Crisafulli, Modified Co-Coach @ Level III, Step 1(1)
- Kimberly Craft, Modified Coach @ Level III, Step 3(3)
- Michael Ciarelli, Modified @ Level III, Step 7 (9)
- Orlando Cruz, Volunteer/Unpaid Position
- Taylor Mann, Modified@ Level III, Step 1 (1)
Per Diem Substitutes
Board approval for the appointment of the following individuals as per diem substitutes effective March 11, 2020 (or as noted) at board approved per diem substitute rates:
- Flora Chi
- Isabella Dwarka
- Sebastian Lugo
- Dorothy McGuigan
- Jeffrey Parsells
- Alexandra Smith