Pine Bush Central School District
Use of Foundation Aid Increase 2023-2024
The 2021-22 enacted New York State budget included a new provision requiring each school district receiving a Foundation Aid increase of more than 10% or $10,000,000 to post to the district’s website a plan by school year of how such funds will be used to address student performance and need. New York State is encouraging districts required to submit a Foundation Aid plan to specifically address the following items in their plans:
- increasing graduation rates;
- reducing class sizes;
- providing academic support to students;
- supporting social-emotional health; and
- providing resources for English Language Learners, Special Education students and homeless students.
For the 2023-24 school year the Pine Bush Central School District received a 12.99% increase in Foundation Aid. Therefore, we are required to post and submit a plan.
2023-2024 Foundation Aid Plan for the Pine Bush Central School District
When developing the 2023-24 budget, priorities were discussed with the Board of Education, such as maintaining programs for students, enhancing programs and services for students and developing a fiscally responsible budget. The district has accomplished these goals due to the increase in Foundation Aid for the 2023-24 school year. The goals are outlined in the 2023-24 budget report presented to the community during the annual budget hearing on May 9, 2023.
The Pine Bush CSD is committed to addressing student performance, need, and safety. We will:
- Provide adequate resources to students with disabilities
○ Provide two additional special educators to meet the needs of our students with disabilities
○ Provide two additional speech teachers–one to work specifically with children requiring early intervention and one to meet the needs of students in district
- Provide supports for students who are not meeting, or at risk of not meeting, state learning standards
○ Expand use of i-Ready to Grades K-8.
- Provide adequate resources to our English language learners and their families
○ Provide one additional ELL teacher at Crispell Middle School.
- Address social-emotional health of students
○ Provide an additional counselor at the high school to bring caseload numbers closer to the ASCA recommended ratio
- Maintain current class size ratios so that they remain within Board of Education recommendations
The district welcomes any comments or suggestions related to our Foundation Aid funding plan. Please direct any comments, questions, or suggestions to Joseph Lenz, Assistant Superintendent for Business, at email@example.com.