The following rules and regulations are in effect for the driver education program. Failure to adhere to these regulations can and will result in termination from the program.
- All students will receive 24 hours of classroom instruction, 6 hours of behind the wheel training and 18 hours of in-car observation. These hours must be completed to receive the MV-285 form. Additional driving time at home is encouraged.
- Students meet two days each week, for 16 weeks, beginning Sept. 17, 2019 for the fall semester, and Feb. 4, 2020 for the spring semester. Students meet every Tuesday for classroom instruction from 3:30-5 p.m. They will also meet another day for in-car instruction, depending on which day the student is scheduled to drive. (Days & times listed on permission slip.) The first day of driving will be after the first day of classroom instruction.
- All students must possess a valid learner’s permit or driver’s license by class start date.
- Students will meet at the high school back parking lot, behind the cafeteria and new gym, for the in-car driving instruction. They must go to the vehicle; the instructor will not wait for late students. Pick up and drop off for driving will be at this location. Students cannot be brought home.
- Any missed classes must be made up. No one will be given the MV-285 until the required number of hours is completed. Students involved in sports and afternoon classes at BOCES must be aware of this regulation. Students are responsible to schedule their make-ups!
- The final grade is a combination of both classroom and in-car ability. A passing grade must be obtained in both areas to be eligible for the MV-285.
- The MV-285 certificate may be used as a 5-hour pre-licensing certificate. A separate defensive driving certificate may be received for an additional fee. This will be discussed in class; this additional payment will be made to Decat Driving School.
- Students withdrawing from the program will receive the following refund:
First week: 80%;
second week: 10%;
no refund after the second week of classes.
- Please return form with a copy of the student’s permit/license and payment as soon as possible. On the permission form please sign up for the preferred day and time for in-car driving. First come, first serve. Spots will not be held until payment is received.
- Full payment of $495 must be made prior to the start of class. Make checks payable to Pine Bush Central School District (PBCSD).
FALL 2019 / SPRING 2020
- First day of class will be on Sept. 17, 2019 for the fall and Feb. 4, 2020 for the spring.
- Class will be held from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in room 107 at Pine Bush High School.
- Driving classes meet in the back parking lot, behind the cafeteria and new gym.
- Please bring a NYSDMV Driver’s Manual and a 3-ring binder to the first class. This will be the textbook used.
- If school is closed, or after school activities are canceled, all driver education classes are canceled. The instructor will schedule a make-up.