We are very excited to remind parents and staff that the PBCSD will be re-opening for in-person hybrid instruction on Tuesday, Jan. 19, which will be an “A” day. OU BOCES and CTEC in-person learning will also resume that day.
All parents of students going to school should check their child’s email immediately for a message which provides details about which days their child should report to school ( “A” days are Tuesday and Thursdays and “B” days are Wednesdays and Fridays), as well as transportation information including bus numbers and pick-up and drop-off times. If parents think that information is incorrect, they should contact the building principals tomorrow so any issues can be resolved.
In order to keep everyone safe as we return, please be reminded:
- parents need to respond to the daily questionnaire link sent to them via School Messenger before their child goes to school.
Students and staff should NOT report to school if:
- they have tested positive or anyone else living in their household has tested positive. In that case, the whole family must quarantine for 10 days;
- if they have been directly exposed to a positive contact and have been directed to quarantine;
- if the family has traveled outside of New York (with the exception of PA, NJ, CT, MA, or VT) students/staff cannot return to school unless they quarantine for 10 days or can show evidence of two negative tests ( one from the state or country they visited and one from NYS after quarantining for four days);
- they are demonstrating ANY of the SYMPTOMS associated with COVID-19.
Lastly, any student/staff member that is absent from school due to illness or is returning from quarantine must have a clearance note from their medical provider as per the Orange County Department of Health.
We look forward to seeing lots of smiling faces next week. Remember to BE SMART AND STAY SAFE so we can keep schools open.
We are also very excited that Mr. Mains has returned from his medical leave and is excited to greet students and staff next week! Thank you and have a nice evening!
Donna Geidel, Deputy Superintendent