- Any athlete experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend any athletic activies (practices/games/meetings) and must stay home.
- Athletes should take their temperature at home before attending any athletic activities.
- Teams will be assigned specific practice/game locations.
- Athletes should arrive at practices/games dressed for participation.
Masks and Social Distancing
- While indoors, all individuals must wear an appropriate face covering at all times (during both practice and competitions). This applies to all students, parents, coaches, officials, staff, chaperones, timekeepers, athletic trainers, volunteers and community members.
- Masks are required to be worn on buses.
- Masks will not be required while outdoors, but are encouraged in crowded spaces.
- Please clean cloth masks daily and do not reuse disposable masks. Have a back-up mask with you.
- Follow all directions from the coach when participating in activities.
- Social distancing of 3 feet must be maintained at all times when not actively participating .
- Keep your personal items/bags away from your teammates’ personal items/bags.
- All athletes must bring their own labeled water bottle. Refill stations will be available if needed. Hand hygiene must be performed before and after refilling bottles and social distancing must be maintained.
- Sharing of water/sports drinks and drinking directly from water sources are prohibited.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds before and after each workout. Use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Only use your own personal equipment and do not share with anyone else. Clean and disinfect your equipment daily.
- Athletes should shower at home ASAP after practice/games and launder workout clothing immediately.
Illness and Injuries
- Stay home if you don’t feel well. If on campus, tell your coach immediately if you are not feeling well.
- Any athlete that develops COVID-19 symptoms will be isolated and sent home immediately and must be cleared by the school nurse and/or athletic trainer in order to return to school and athletics.
- Any athlete diagnosed with COVID-19 must be cleared by their health care provider and provide written documentation (including a cardiac clearance) to the school nurse and athletic trainer.
- To visit the athletic training room, athletes should have a scheduled appointment, must sign in, wear a mask/face covering and follow all established COVID-19 protocols. Ice bags will be distributed by the athletic trainer as needed.
- Pine Bush will allow spectators at all outdoor events. All spectators are encouraged to maintain social distancing at all times.
- The spectator policy for indoor events is currently under review and will be communicated prior to the start of those contests.
- Gathering restrictions from the NYSDOH guidelines will be monitored and implemented if necessary.